Dynamic properties in Java from xml



I'm fiddling around with an idea but can't get a grip on it.


I have an xml file with 100+ properties defining the runtime environment of a somewhat large program. These are exposed as variables through a class . At the moment, for each option in the xml file, there is a variable in the class plus public getter and private setter.


Each time we need a new option, we have to define it in the xml file and create the variable plus methods in the RuntimenEnvironment class.


Now, what I would like to do is something like this: I want to rewrite the class in such a way, that it exposes new options from the xml file as vars without having to touch the class.


My xml file uses this structure:



<option>
<name>theName</name>
<type>eg int</type>
<value>20</value>
<constant>THE_NAME</constant>
</option>


Can I write code in java that dynamically creates the vars at runtime and exposes them through a method without actually writing the method?


Is this possible?


Thanks in advance,


Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment