F# XML Data parsing a ''subtype''



So I'm using the FSharp.Data library and I have a generated type as such:



<ArrayOfCar>
<Car>
<LicenseNumber>000</LicenseNumber>
<ProductionYear>2014</ProductionYear>
<Type>Audi</Type>
</Car>
<Car>
<LicenseNumber>999</LicenseNumber>
<ProductionYear>2012</ProductionYear>
<Type>BMW</Type>
</Car>
</ArrayOfCar>


Now I have a question, as it seems the F# compiler will generate two types from this, ArrayOfCars and Car.


Now I'm calling an API that will return either the example above for a collection of cars and also a single Car with Car then being the root element. However I can only parse ArrayOfCars using ArrayOfCars.Parse there is no Car.Parse as far as I can see.


Is there something I'm missing here or must I then generate a seperate type for Car to handle when it is the root element?


No comments:

Post a Comment