XML : Convert XML data into tsql record for any XML response

I don't know if it has already been answered, but my bad luck or so I can't find it anywhere in stackoverflow with my hunting techniques. Kindly ignore my spamming

We have a requirement where we need to write a API parser that works for any API giving XML output.

We will not know the XML structure before hand.

The solution should convert XML file and save it in a generic tsql table with the XML element/attribute names as first row.

So basically it is XML deserializer for any API.

We cannot use any third party dll for our C# class.

I have no idea about C# so dont know if it is possible or not. But I have been able to write a genric XML->row converter in tsql using OPENXML. The problem with tsql solution is that we are unable to import a huge XML file succesfully into database.

I can supply any details that will be required. Kindly let me know in comments/answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment