Trying to convert an object array into XML, can't get object headers



I'm using this XML converter, but I am not getting the object header to wrap each object's properties... I can't find a method in the encoder class to do this either.


The code iterates through my array and lists all objects that are not null.



FileOutputStream os = new FileOutputStream("C:\\Users\\David Laptop\\Documents\\Doc1.xml");
XMLEncoder encoder = new XMLEncoder(os);
for( int x = 0; x < people.length;x++)
if (people[x] != null)
{
//header here?
encoder.writeObject(people[x].getName());
encoder.writeObject(people[x].getTelephoneNumber());
encoder.writeObject(people[x].getEmailAddress());

}
encoder.close();


I get this outcome:


?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> java version="1.7.0_40" class="java.beans.XMLDecoder"> string dad


if I do more object entries then it ends up being a big list which isn't helpful as another function I want to implement is reading from an XML file into the array... any help on that would also be useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment