XML + Indesign - copy tagged elements with hierachy



I'm using Indesign to create a catalog with multiple page templates and import the data from a xml export from the website.


In order to use 7 different templates I created lots of tagged frames. The import works well. (thanks to Indesign and XML - how to auto flow into multiple pages with differing styles?)


But I need to copy the elements and the structure to around 200 pages. My Problem is that the structure changes when copying the elements to a new page and also when I duplicate the page. I think the tags are sorted alphabetically when copying but I can't find settings or something else to change that.


Is there a way to avoid this problem or is there no other way then to sort 50 tags on 200 pages? PLEASE Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment