XML : Action Bar in Android Studio 1.5 Upgrade

Can someone explain what is happening here. I load a blank Activity and two xml files are created in Android Studio; the content_main.xml, which contains all of my widgets, and activity_main.xml, which includes my contents file and looks like this:

enter image description here

I don't want to use this Toolbar so I delete it. Now the activity_main.xml file looks like this:

enter image description here

I still want to have an actionBar however. My manifest file, clearly references a theme in my styles folder: enter image description here

And here is is the styles.xml file, which sets a theme for the Action Barenter image description here:

How come, when I start the emulator, my action bar is missing? My main_activity extends AppCompatActivity. Any idea why this is happening? enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment