XML : Inserting BFILE/BLOB images in BIP reports 11g

I want to display images which are stored in the database tables as BFILE and BLOB format in my BI publisher reports.

I wrote the sql code as:

  select book_id, book_img from books    

I created a data model for this code in the application, executed it and exported the XML file.

My XML file looks like:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  <!--Generated by Oracle BI Publisher 11.1.1.7.0-->  -<DATA_DS>  -<G_1>  <BOOK_ID>141</BOOK_ID>  </G_1>  -<G_1>  <BOOK_ID>142</BOOK_ID>  </G_1>  </DATA_DS>    

As you can see, the attribute "BOOK_IMG" is missing in the XML file.

What steps should I follow to extract the BFILE/BLOB image from the database to XML file, so that I can proceed with the template creation?

It would be grateful if I receive the help asap!

Thanks in advance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment