XML : xsl:for-each with value of not producing output

So I have a simple xml with some movies. I am trying to execute some xslt code to get it formatted to a table. Now the professor is insisting on using a for each loop for the genres which i find weird but ok. At any rate its the only thing i cant get to work I've reduced my code to bare bones please take a look and tell me where I am going wrong:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"      xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" exclude-result-prefixes="msxsl">      <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>              <xsl:template match="/">      <html><head></head><body>                    <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">          <th style="background-color:lightgray">Title</th>          <th style="background-color:lightgray">Director</th>          <th style="background-color:lightgray">Genre</th>                    <xsl:for-each select="movies/movie">          <tr>                  <td>                          <xsl:value-of select"title">                  </td>                                    <td>                          <xsl:value-of select"director">                  </td>                                    <td>                          <xsl:for-each select="genre">                                                                              <xsl:value-of select="genre"/>                                                              </xsl:for-each>                  </td>          </tr>               </xsl:for-each>                       </table>          </body></html></xsl:template>          </xsl:stylesheet>  

And here is the xml:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Movies2.xslt"?>      <movies>                    <!-- 1 -->      <movie>                             <title>Schindler's List</title>          <director>Steven Spielberg</director>            <genre>Biography, </genre>                  <genre>Drama, </genre>                  <genre>History</genre>                </movie>     </movies>   

No comments:

Post a Comment