XML : Cannot find one variable from .XML file, but others are found. Why is this?

So I am having issues compiling my code in Android Studio. In my onCreate() method, I have multiple references to my contentView called activity_game.xml. However, I have a single variable that is not being found and I am unsure why. I have tried to clean project then rebuild, No luck. I have tried to set the text directly below thinking maybe the issue is how I am filling Time, this also did not help. (I reference in a separate class contained within my entire game class and use a global variable.) Here is the beginning code of my onCreate() method, Any suggestions?

  protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {      super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);      setContentView(R.layout.activity_game);      gamePrefs = getSharedPreferences(GAME_PREFS, 0);      scoreText = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.score);      timeText = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.time);      timeText.setText(getString(R.string.timeText));      start_count = new StartCount(3000,1000);      background = (RelativeLayout) findViewById(R.id.relativeLayout);      position0 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.red);      position1 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.yellow);      position2 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.blue);      position3 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.green);    

No comments:

Post a Comment